50+ Years of Looking Into the Future
Making life easier for the laborer. That simple principle inspired the beginnings of a small company in 1958. From humble beginnings, that company has grown into a $1 billion-plus global organization through a passionate commitment to making labor easier through innovation Celebrating more than 50 years of excellence, the Putzmeister Group is known and respected worldwide for quality, durability, and for pioneering technological innovation in the concrete placing industry.
1958 – Present Timeline
- Carl Akeley develops method for spraying plaster onto wire frames.
- First Cement Gun introduced at New York Concrete Show.
- Patents and trademarks issued for the Cement Gun and its Gunite process.
- Cement gun used to seal walls on the Panama Canal.
- Wet-process shotcrete application developed.
- Karl Schlecht founds KS-Maschinenbau in Germany, eventually renamed Putzmeister (plaster master).
- Dry-process rotary gun developed.
- Karl Schlecht moves his operations to a small factory he called Putzmeister-Werk.
- Putzmeister establishes operations in France, Italy, Spain, Great Britain and Brazil.
- Swing-tube technology used on wet-process shotcrete equipment, making application and use more practical.
- Putzmeister leads the industry with the high-rise concrete pumping world record - 1,017 ft. (310m) at the Post Office Tower in Frankfurt, Main.
- Putzmeister sets the world record for concrete pumping to a height of 1,115 ft. (340m) over a total distance of 1,968 ft. (600m) in the St. Gotthard Tunnel, Switzerland.
- Putzmeister acquires California-based Thomsen, Inc., a manufacturer of mortar machines and boom pumps. Success of concrete boom pumps, Thom-Katt® trailer pumps, mortar machines, Tommy Gun® plastering machines and other products in North America results in sales and distribution responsibilities for the German division’s industrial pumps and tunneling machines.
- Delivery of the largest concrete pump in the world, almost 164 ft. (50m) boom height with 196 yd3/hr (150m3/hr) output capacity.
- Putzmeister delivers the largest wet shotcrete pump in the world.
- Putzmeister sets another concrete pumping world record: 1,417 ft. (432m) pumping height in a Spanish power station tunnel.
- Delivery of the largest concrete pump in the world with a 62m boom.
- Putzmeister America headquarters and manufacturing facility opens near Racine, Wisconsin, to accommodate added growth and market presence.
- New Putzmeister America paint facility operational.
- Putzmeister sets another world record: 1,745 ft. (532m) high-rise concrete conveying at the power station Riva del Garda, Italy.
- Putzmeister America warehouse addition complete.
- Putzmeister sets a new world record: 6,610 ft. (2,015m) pumping distance in Le Refrain, France.
- Purchased Telebelt® line formerly known as Rotec Super Swinger.
- Putzmeister America becomes the first and only ISO 9001 certified organization in the industry. Read the Full Story »
- Putzmeister America begins shipping Telebelts® from its newly expanded plant.
- Putzmeister America completes 55,000 sq. ft. paint finishing addition, service training center, parts distribution center and office expansion.
- Thom-Katt® celebrates 20 years. Read the Full Story »
- Achievement of ISO 9001:2000 status for Putzmeister America.
- Putzmeister America celebrates 10 years of production from Sturtevant, Wisconsin, headquarters.
- Putzmeister America introduces the world’s largest truck-mounted concrete boom pump, the 63Z-Meter at ConExpo.
- Putzmeister America achieves CPMA certification on all boom pumps.
- Putzmeister America’s grand opening of its 30,000 sq ft. connector building marks the seventh expansion at the Wisconsin site.
- Putzmeister America increases size of south offices by 4,560 sq. ft.
- Putzmeister BSA 14000 SHP-D pump reaches a concrete conveying height world record of 1,971 ft. (601m) for the Burj Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
- Acquisition of Allentown Equipment, a leading manufacturer of dry- and wet-process shotcrete equipment for the refractory, underground, mortar and civil industries, resulting in most comprehensive line of sprayed concrete equipment. Putzmeister America renames company Allentown Shotcrete Technology, Inc.
- Putzmeister America debuts patent pending Steady End Hose technology in North America.
- Golden Jubilee - the Putzmeister Group celebrates 50 years of excellence, 1958 – 2008.
- Dubbed ‘The Juggernaut’ for its size and power, the new 70Z-Meter offers more than 227 feet of vertical reach and nearly 213 feet of horizontal reach. It is not only the world’s largest truck-mounted boom pump, it features technologies and support available only from Putzmeister.
- Putzmeister Concrete Pumps break their own vertical pumping world record at the Burj Dubai.
- Allentown Shotcrete Technology, Inc becomes exclusive United States distributor of the Sika/Aliva family of wet- and dry-process shotcrete equipment.
- Putzmeister America celebrates 15 years at its Sturtevant, Wisconsin, headquarters.
- Esser Twin Pipes, LLC has moves its operations from Alabaster, Alabama to Putzmeister America, Inc.’s facilities in Sturtevant, Wisconsin, and changes its name to Esser Pipe Technology.
- Putzmeister America certified to the newest 9001:2008 quality standard.
- Putzmeister placing booms and BSA trailer pumps took on the Colorado River Bridge at the Hoover Dam. The bridge arches about 900 feet above the Colorado River and runs parallel to the Hoover Dam.
- Putzmeister America announces the establishment of its new location, Putzmeister Brazil Ltda. (PMB), for the sales and service of Putzmeister concrete pumps and Telebelt telescopic belt conveyors in Brazil.
- Putzmeister America’s Special Application Business forms partnership between Allentown Shotcrete Technology, Inc, Esser Pipe Technology, and Maxon Industries, Inc. The result was a comprehensive systems approach for tunnel and mining, dam and power generation, transportation, marine and off-shore projects. MacLean Engineering, in partnership with Allentown, develops new self-contained shotcrete spraying machine.
- Allentown Shotcrete Technology celebrates 100th anniversary, moves its operations to Putzmeister America, Inc.’s headquarters in Sturtevant, Wisconsin, to take advantage of the larger facilities and support available.
- Putzmeister America, along with its parent company, Putzmeister Concrete Pumps GmbH, and the Putzmeister subsidiary in Japan, work together as part of a global effort to help contain the damaged nuclear reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan.
- Putzmeister Brazil, Ltda moves to larger facility due to increased production needs for the sales and service of the complete range of Putzmeister, Allentown Shotcrete Technology and Esser Pipe Technology equipment in Brazil.
- Putzmeister America, in partnership with long-term Putzmeister distributor, Concrete Pumping Equipment, Aust, Pty. Limited (CPE), announces the establishment of Putzmeister Australia for the sale and service of new and pre-owned Putzmeister concrete pumps and Telebelt telescopic belt conveyors in Australia.
- Putzmeister America announces it won orders for equipment on the Panama Canal Third Set of Locks project. This includes: twelve Putzmeister Telebelt TB 130’s, one Putzmeister Telebelt TB 200, three BSF 58.20H Truck-Mounted Concrete Pumps, one BSF 52Z.16H Truck-Mounted Concrete Pump, four Thom-Katt TK 40 Trailer-Mounted Concrete/Shotcrete Pumps, and six Putzmeister Jumbo Troughs.
- Allentown Shotcrete Technology, Inc. is rebranded Putzmeister Shotcrete Technology.
- Putzmeister America announces the merger of its parent company Putzmeister Holding GmbH with SANY Heavy Industry Co., Ltd., two of the construction industry’s leading companies.
- Putzmeister America appointed responsibility for all SANY Group concrete pump business operations in North, Central and South America. Continuing operations at its Sturtevant, Wisconsin facility, Putzmeister will fully support the SANY concrete pump product line.
- Putzmeister America adds ready mix trucks to its equipment portfolio, significantly expanding its offering in the concrete supply chain. Putzmeister’s new product line allows the company to better meet market demands